The World Fish Migration Foundation is recently founded by people who want to make a change for the better for fish migration across the globe. We want to protect and conserve migratory fish on behalf of ecosystems and people. We do this by creating global attention and by inspiring people to share knowledge and work together on the topic of fish migration. Furthermore we showcase successful examples of restoration of migration routes for fish and healthy rivers. This growing organisation, needs a skilled communication advisor with passion for connecting fish, rivers and people.
Communication Specialist – 32 hours / week, initially a one-year contract.
The Communication Advisor will coordinate all external communication needs and oversee publication materials. This includes managing all electronic and print-based asset development, planning news agendas, producing international press releases and news reports, liaising with international media representatives, and ensuring that project teams are equipped with the necessary information to carry out their jobs effectively. S/he will report to the managing director and works closely with the World Fish Migration Foundation’s Strategy and Design Advisor.
· Lead implementation of the communication strategy of the organisation.
· Develop and implement communication strategies for our projects (in cooperation with project members).
· Lead in publication development, both electronic and traditional (e.g. websites, leaflets and brochures)
· Write and ensure quality of press releases and other forms of external communications.
· Develop and maintain relationships with media and publishing service providers.
· Bachelor in Communication, Journalism, Social Science, Environmental Studies or any other related subject.
· Minimum five years of experience in the communications field.
· Experience and contacts with international press and media.
· Proven abilities in implementing communication strategies.
· An excellent understanding of media on local, regional, national and global levels.
· Preferably experience with Adobe design.
· Creative, practical, and solution oriented.
· Preferably English as native language.
· Ability to work independently, as well as member of a team, and to be flexible to accommodate the needs of stakeholders.
· Office: Groningen, Netherlands
· Contract duration: one year, with intention to continue
· Expected joining date: April 2018
· Working hours: 32 hours / week
· Gross salary: 2.000 – 3.000 euro based on experience and 32 hours / week
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by 30 March 2018. For more information you can contact Arjan Berkhuysen, managing director, tel 0031 (0) 6 10883259, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to be part of a team of enthusiastic colleagues working on preservation and restoration of migratory fish species and free-flowing riverson an international level? Perhaps volunteering at the World Fish Migration Foundation might be something for you!
The World Fish Migration Foundation (WFMF) is a non-profit organisation dedicated to the preservation and restoration of migratory fish species and free-flowing rivers around the world. The foundation strives to reach its vision of “Open rivers, full of fish for the benefit of all” by “Connecting fish, rivers and people”. We do this by raising awareness on the importance of migratory freshwater fish and of open, free-flowing rivers to freshwater and marine ecosystems and fisheries and human communities. For more information about our organization, visit http://www.worldfishmigrationfoundation.com/
For our organisation we are looking to attract:
Volunteers for the World Fish Migration Day
As a volunteer you will be working on the World Fish Migration Day, a big international awareness raising day with many local events. Together with an international team you will be searching for new event locations and supporting organisations.
What will you be doing as a volunteer?
What do we look for in a volunteer?
What do we offer?
The World Fish Migration Foundation is a young and dynamic organisation with an informal working atmosphere, based in Groningen, the Netherlands. The World Fish Migration Foundation offers enthusiastic colleagues and the opportunity to make international connections with fish/river organizations and broaden your network. Volunteers work from their own location and have regular contact with the volunteer-coordinator.
Information & procedure
If you are you interested in volunteering and you recognise yourself in the above mentioned profile, we invite you to send an message declaring your interest and your CV to email@example.com.